Society & Culture

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Why do people assume I am a Christian and wish me a happy Easter?

Here in the USA, everywhere I go people just assume I am Christian. I am not, so I dont care to celebrate Christian holidays. Just as Christians dont observe Jewish Muslim or Buddhist holidays,





Shouldnt most people (teachers, waitresses, cashiers customers at Starbucks be aware that this is multi-cultural society????



That would mean actually putting their minds in gear before they speak. I would say that waitresses and cashiers have been told to do so by their managers. Some people assume this is a "Christian Nation"; it is a nation with Christians and it just doesn't occur to some people that not everyone they meet is a Christian.


They aren't trying to insult you; just consider it another form of "Have a nice day!" and ignore them. (One of my friends answered a cashier's brainless "have a nice day" with "Don't tell me what to do!")




Everyone celebrates different things and unless you have a big sign on your forehead their is no way of telling what you believe in. I look at it this way at least they were nice enough to Wish you a Happy Easter even if you don't celebrate it. Just tell them Thank You and that you hope they have one as well.




hey don't worry... If you are in America... soon enough the Christian Holidays you are talking about will be thrown out the windows to please the other relegions you are defending. Then everyone will gang up on that one and have that one taken away... and soon the next and soon the next.....





Customers at Starbucks? you're kidding me.... go live in a community that needs the faith that you take avantage of.... then you and the rest of your little kid friends can move to another country that you haven't destroyed.....




Someone saw you with your hand in the Easter basket taking chocolate eggs - the word has now spread that you love the Easter Bunny!


Or Chocolate?




This world is full of different things that people say. You can except them or not. That's why America is a great Country. It's called freedom. Enjoy!




I'm sure they were not trying to offend you. They were just being polite and wishing you a nice day, kind of like saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Halloween.




maybe because they are christian and dont know youre not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society & Culture